The Royal Government of Bhutan has set minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan and this has to be paid in US dollars before arriving in the country.
The minimum tariff for tourist visiting in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows: From 2012, the government has announced that tariff structure would be as per the following rate:
- March - May and September - November: USD $250 per person per night halt.
- January-February and June-August and December: USD $200 per person per night halt.
The minimum price includes
- Accommodation in standard hotels and lodge
- Country tour with a licensed Bhutanese tour guide
- All internal transport
- All sorts of camping Equipment and Haulage for trekking tours ( tents, mats, meals, horses for luggage, trekking staff)
The aforesaid rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
The rates shall apply evenly irrespective of locations and the type of accommodation provided or asked for.
The hotels and lodges for international tourists are approved and updated from time to time by Tourism Council Bhutan (TCB).
Smaller groups of less than three persons and individual tourists and shall be subject to surcharge, over Tourist information and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single individual USD $40 per night
- Group of 2 persons USD $30 per person per night.
a) Children upto the age of 5 years will not be charged for. Children below 12 years accompanied by elders/ guardians are also exempted from the royalty on daily rates.
b) Full time students below the age of 25 years having valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount (tariff is US$ 183.75 per day) on daily rates.
c) A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to any one person in a group of 11 people. 100% discount shall be given to one of the members in a group exceeding 16 persons.
d) A 50% duration discount shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount after the 14th night.